You’re probably already familiar with the benefits of Microsoft Office applications, as well as Microsoft messaging and communications software. Now imagine that you can use those same products, seamlessly connected to the cloud to provide the people in your organization with scalability and access anywhere, anytime. With Microsoft Office 365, you can:
|Host email in the cloud
||Save on conferencing
Microsoft Office 365 provides a way for organizations to get the latest versions of Microsoft products and the capability to access and distribute documents, email, calendars, and spreadsheets from any web-enabled device. Office 365 and the cloud create one connected, online solution that brings together the smart, simple, time-saving Microsoft Office applications that your organization depends on – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote, along with the power of Microsoft Exchange Online, Microsoft Lync Online, and Microsoft SharePoint Online.
Microsoft Office 365 products
Use the same trusted desktop applications and tools that your business relies on.
Select Microsoft Office 365 plans include the most current release of Microsoft Office Professional Plus, the most comprehensive suite of desktop applications.
Here’s a quick breakdown of the Office 365 products:
Microsoft Office Professional Plus includes both the desktop version and online web version of the well-known Microsoft Office suite. It delivers the productivity of Office as a flexible, pay-as-you-go service. Office Professional Plus provides a complete, enterprise-class experience that ensures your organization always has the latest Office desktop applications.
- Office Professional Plus includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher, and more.
- Office Professional Plus can be installed on five devices per user.
Many organizations use Microsoft Exchange Server to manage their email, calendars, and contacts. Office 365 email and calendar are powered by Exchange Online. Use familiar tools like Microsoft Outlook and cloud computing to work anytime, anywhere – including through mobile devices. Migrating or implementing Exchange Online from a previous version of Exchange is a nearly seamless process. Exchange Online lets your organization:
- Retrieve email, calendars, and contacts from almost anywhere using their computers, browsers, or phones.
- Use 25 GB user mailboxes that integrate with Outlook and can send attachments up to 25 MB.
- Access easy online management tools that let you administer user permissions, service settings, and setup email on your domain.
As business communication becomes more complex, organizations need an effective solution to manage instant messaging and conferencing for users who are either at their PCs or on the go. Office 365 audio/video calling is powered by Lync Online. This cutting-edge solution decreases communication friction by providing an integrated messaging and conferencing solution with your existing Microsoft products. Lync Online provides audio/video conferencing and screen sharing options right from Outlook that let your organization:
- Get real-time presence information — including photos, status, and location — and enhanced IM to connect efficiently and effectively.
- Make voice calls through your computer to other Lync users in your organization or in other organizations that use Lync.
- Create, moderate, and join preplanned and on-the-fly audio, video, and web meetings inside and outside your organization.
- Enhance online presentations with screen sharing, remote desktop control, polling, and virtual whiteboards.
- Allow customers to participate in your Lync conference calls even if they are not Office 365 customers.
Microsoft Office 365 sites are powered by Microsoft SharePoint Online. SharePoint Online provides organizations with a centralized system to increase productivity using version control, check-in/check-out permissions, and individual site creation from a centralized portal. SharePoint Online also includes other Microsoft technologies options such as Lync Online and Outlook that let you:
- Share and manage important documents quickly, both online and offline.
- Invite external users to work on projects, documents, and other important data.
- Keep everyone up to date with company information and news.
|For an assessment: